- You are scraped? - Has enviously said Iskusnik Kreg. At it it was always scratched golovogrud, but - alas! - the firm armour
did not give it possibility to be scratched and consequently it always envied the spineless. Even to slaves.
- As you see, - the Great Octopus has grumbled. - warts have overcome. With what has welcomed? Iskusnik Kreg has put
elbows on screen edge, has removed the horn points and has begun to wipe glasses methodically. Golovogrud Iskusnika
Krega were decorated by twelve eyes, therefore procedure of wiping of twelve glasses always was at it enough long. But the
Great Octopus knew the adviser and patiently waited. At last Kreg has installed points into place and skazal: - I here have
counted a little...
At these words the Great Octopus has densely closed the right eye and has widely opened left, and Mees heatedly
zadergalsja and zahrjukal. When Iskusnik Kreg began conversation by words "I here has counted a little", it always meant
that huge expenses which however promise huger profits are coming.
- I here have counted a little, - Iskusnik Kreg has told, - and has found that our manufacture is threatened with some
- Continue, - the Great Octopus has said.
- Limits of compactness of systems on brains of inhabitants of the worlds known to us are almost reached. The most powerful
brain with which we now deal, comprises one and a half billion cells, or, being expressed in a scientifically way, nejronov.
The system from hundred fifty billions cells as it is easy to count up, should consist of hundred such brains with corresponding
number tserebrariev and the corresponding volume of power units.
- Continue, - the Great Octopus has grumbled. - while you very much clearly tell all...
- I here have counted and have found that reasonable beings with a brain from five, ten and even fifteen billions cells, or
nejronov are theoretically possible. Systems on such brains would be in five - ten times more compactly our the best present,
and profits on their realisation would increase in ten - twenty times.
- Continue, continue! - the Great Octopus has exclaimed. Is you very interestingly you report...
- I have found also that an indispensable condition of occurrence, development and functioning of reasonable beings with a
similar powerful brain is presence of oxygen, water, a chlorophyll and red blood. To put it briefly.
Great if we do not wish to stop, and we wish to move further by the way of scientific and technical progress, it is absolutely
necessary for us to find some so-called green planets and to start their active working out.
- Green planets... - proskrezhetal Mees. - Unless such happen? - I do not know it, - Iskusnik Kreg has told. - I know that
theoretically they are possible. It is known also that the brain of the carrier of reason cannot develop any representation
which would not have conformity in the nature. It is necessary to search. To aim at oxygen, water, a chlorophyll and red
blood and to search.
One I can tell: in case of success of profit will be enormous.
- Let's search! - the Great Octopus resolutely declared.
To search for green planets! It has appeared what to tell it easier, than to make. The set of days and nights rummaged
secretaries of the Great Octopus in old logbooks of long-distance starprobe vehicles; as much days and nights security
guards of the Great Octopus interrogated slaves and captives from the most remote worlds; as much days and nights secret
agents of the Great Octopus rubbed in brothels and taverns among the spent on drink debauchees. Alas! In old logbooks
about green planets it was not told anything. From all slaves and captives only one, belonging to the race of reasonable
amphibians living in system of the far Grey Sun, has remembered that is exact, there was once a green planet nearby from its
native land, but it was started up under range for test of new kinds istrebitelnogo the weapon, and the greens have
descended from it already very long time ago. And drunkards in brothels and taverns showed readiness to absorb a
gratuitous entertainment in unlimited quantities and consequently liars told about green planets much and with details, and all